6 Duck breasts, separated and trimmed
2 Blood oranges
¼ cup triple sec or other orange liquor
Salt and pepper
- peel the skin off of the oranges with as little pith as possible.
- juice the oranges and reduce to about half and add the triple sec, cool.
- score fat on duck breast, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place three breast halves in a vacuum bag, add ¼ of the orange skin reduced juice.
- Vacuum seal
- Sousvide at 130F for 2-hours
- Remove breasts from the vacuum bag, reserving the cooking juice, and pat dry. Over medium heat place the breasts in a hot pan breast side down to render the fat and crisp the skin, flip the breast to color the other side. Let rest.
- The juices can be used as a sauce, add some chicken stock and reduce, I like to add a little orange juice concentrate. Slice and serve.